- Coarse salt
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as rigatoni or penne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 bunch collard greens, center ribs removed, leaves sliced crosswise
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
2. Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Place sheet with cauliflower in oven. Cook until cauliflower is tender, 20 minutes, stirring twice at 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat oil over medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add collards and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, 8 minutes. Add cauliflower, lemon zest, and pasta. Cook until cauliflower and pasta are hot, stirring and adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with oil. Serve immediately.