Bulk Tomato Season is over. Hope you enjoyed!
Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 6 Roma or garden tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 large yellow or red onion (not sweet), peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- pinch of cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until just chunky. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Refrigerate at least an hour to let the flavors meld. The salsa may be lighter red than store-bought salsa due to the air blended in and fresh tomatoes are usually lighter in color than canned. It may darken up as the air settles.