- 6 ears of corn, husked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, large leaves torn
- 1/8 cup (or more) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Rub corn with 1 Tbsp. oil. Grill, turning frequently, until corn is charred and heated through, 10-12 minutes. Remove from grill; when cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs and transfer to a large bowl.
DO AHEAD:Corn can be made 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Place onion in a strainer and rinse with cold water to mellow its flavor. Drain well. Mix onion, remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, tomatoes, basil, 1/8 cup lime juice, and thyme into corn. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
DO AHEAD:Salad can be assembled 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.