Adapted from ManjulasKitchen.com
2 cups of cut cauliflower (cut into small florets)
2 medium potatoes (cubed into bite sized pieces)
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 inch shredded fresh ginger
3 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne
3 T water
3 T oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 green chilis (optional)
2 bay leaves
1 tsp salt
2 tsp of chopped cilantro
1/4 cup water, as needed
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded ginger, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and 3 T of water to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil – if the seed cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add the cumin seeds.
- After the seeds crack, add the bay leaves and green chilies. Stir for a few seconds. Add the spice paste and stir for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add your sliced onion and allow to soften.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, 2 T of water and salt. Combine everything in the pan thoroughly.
- Cover and let cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring gently every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the fresh cilantro. Mix everything and cover for a minute. Serve with deliciousness.